4/30/11

pass out


If you've ever played Pass-Out, you know just how fun it is... tons of fun. Well as fun as it is, it isn't the most popular game seeing as it's kind of hard to come by. Created circa 1960, I like to think of Pass-Out as the original drinking board game.. and it probably is. About 50 years after its creation I found Pass-Out at my favourite thrift store and immediately purchased it for a whopping $2. After our first round, my friends and I were hooked and it became a predrinking institution. The only catch is, even though it does seem to get more fun, the game gets harder as you get drunker... in turn, getting you more drunk. Needless to say, it's one of my favourites.


Recently, I recreated the game (with some minor adjustments) as a gift for a friend's housewarming. I used gouache and paint marker on paperboard - and with that being not so drink friendly I had it laminated. A lasting momento! Hate to say it but the homemade version might be more fun than the original... just saying..

No comments: